Valentine Countdown Blitz Day 5!
Kristin writes high fantasy with political intrigue, a bit of romance, and of course, magic. When she's not writing, toting her kids around to sports practices, or cleaning out the chicken coop, she's probably trying to talk her friends into more shenanigans.
In a world of magic, Nicoleta is unremarkable, except for her cursed, stuttering tongue. No special powers, no renowned apprenticeship, just the terrible, stammering aftereffects of the Lilac Plague.
Until she opens the ghostly blue vision from her mother.
Instead of words of endearment, the vision reveals that Nicoleta’s mother was a Guardian entrusted with a magical key — a key so powerful that those who rule will do anything to find it.
The burden of protecting the key now falls to Nicoleta. In a race against the crown, she must find the treasure and the true heir, the only one who can stop the curse from being fulfilled. Impossible? Almost certainly. One false step spells disaster. But Nicoleta is no fool. Where those before her died trying, Nicoleta forges a new path, relying on her wits and some unlikely allies.
Do you dare face the Lilac Plague? This coming of age, young adult fantasy adventure with mysterious magic, evil emperors, and a thread of romance will leave you amazed and clamoring for the next book."
- My family*
- Reading books
- Shopping for books
- Talking about books
- Writing books
- Watching historical movies, like Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knight version)
- Chocolate (The good stuff. No Hersheys for me, please! #grownup)
- Star Wars (especially the original trilogy!)
- Helping my friends (some people might call this bossy 🙄 )
- Talenti Ice Cream (Sea Salt Caramel - yum!!)
* my kids helped me write this list -- and they came up with the order, too! hahaha!