The K Club Dark Side by Rachell Nichole Book Tour and Giveaway :)
Rachell Nichole is a contemporary steamy romance author, who loves writing sassy sizzling romances about memorable characters who have to fight to hold on to love.
- I LOVE peanut butter. Like in an unhealthy kind of way. I could eat it straight from the jar on a spoon, in a sandwich, on my pancakes. It goes with almost anything and that’s how I eat it – with almost anything! The few things I will NEVER pair my PB with? Pizza, Yogurt, Pasta.
- I am the daughter of a truck driver, and honey, I effing talk like one! I have had a potty mouth my entire life, and I learned all my favorite words from my dad! But I have a kid filter. If you put a kid in front of me, the potty mouth instantly goes away, like magic! What’s more is, my mom has called me “baby crack” since I was a pre-teen because kids and babies LOVE me. So, I have two completely different sides. My crazy, erotic romance, truck-driving daughter potty mouth side, and my baby crack, super sweet, innocent side. What can I say, I have layers!
- I never set out to write erotic romance. My first love was paranormal romance, but when my first editor heard me reading from a manuscript in the hotel lobby one night, she told me to write her one and send it to her. From that contact, to signing my first contract, and my first publication was 12 months, which is insane! I met her in June, I got the idea for the book in July. I wrote the book November – January, revised it, sent it in in March, had a contract in May, and the book came out in June. And since then, though I have continued writing paranormal romance, most of my writing time is dedicated to contemporary erotic romance.
- I hate reading books that suck. Okay, that could probably be inferred, but I take it a step farther than that. I refuse to read anything outside of the romance genre that isn’t personally recommended to me by a reader I trust. And I rarely pick up totally new authors even within romance without that kind of recommendation. My time is valuable and when a book is good, I adore it. But I spent more than twenty years in school, reading what I was told to read, and I refuse to waste my time on books I don’t enjoy reading. When I pick up an unknown author, I give them five pages, max, before I decide whether or not to continue reading the book. I hope that other readers like me out there will find the first five pages of my books so enthralling they never want to put the books down.
- I often use my husband for book research. I have had him get into the most ridiculous positions in the house, on the couch, the stairs, the office, the bed… wherever my characters are prone to getting it on, so I can see will this really work? Can Jacey be in this position while Clayton does that? It certainly keeps things interesting! Mr. Nichole is always on board to sacrifice in the name of research. Though I have to admit, we have gotten pretzeled/stuck before and it is hilarious, rather than sexy.