R. William (Bill) Bennett is the author of Jacob T. Marley, The Christmas Gift, and a new Christmas novel being published by a major publisher for Christmas, 2019
"Marley was dead to begin with . . . "
These chillingly familiar words begin the classic Christmas tale of remorse and redemption in A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
But, what about Jacob Marley? And why hadn't he been given the same final chance of redemption as Ebenezer Scrooge?
Or had he?
Top Ten List:
10 fun facts
1. Ran into the Beatles in London in 1963 (I was 7). Didn't see what the big deal was.
2. Could recite almost the entire script of "Its A Wonderful Life" without prompts
3. Own a copy of every preserved movie/TV version of "A Christmas Carol" (33 out of 55 probable versions) - By the way, Patrick Stewart version is the best, with Muppet's a close second.
4. Started writing only 42 years after I decided to be a writer. I did a lot of planning...
5. Have visited Disneyworld with the family somewhere around 20 times.
6. Got emotional every single time I sat through the show in the American Adventure Pavilion in Epcot
7. Many of my favorite movies were box-office failures
8. Read five biographies of Charles Dickens before writing my story to help me feel it would be compatible with his way of thinking.
9. Kept a 1840 map of London, printed on 25 pieces of paper and taped together, on my wall charting where my story was taking place.
10.After trying to find 'hooks' in "A Christmas Carol" to tie my story too, I found so many I am convinced Dickens planned a sequel (which he never wrote)
Popular posts from this blog
The Shadowed Path The Jonmarc Vahanian Adventures Vol 1 by Gail Z. Martin Genre: Epic Fantasy NOTHING AHEAD BUT VENGEANCE - NOTHING BEHIND BUT BLOOD Soldier. Fight slave. Smuggler. Warrior. Brigand Lord. You may have encountered Jonmarc Vahanian in the Chronicles of the Necromancer but you don’t really know him until you walk in his footsteps. This is the start of his epic journey. A blacksmith’s son in a small fishing village before raiders killed his amily, Jonmarc was wounded and left for dead in the attack. He tried to rebuild his life, but when a dangerous bargain with a shadowy stranger went wrong, he found himself on the run. Gail Z. Martin returns to the world of her internationally best-selling books with these thrilling ales of adventure and high fantasy, collected together here for the very first time. OVER HALF A MILLION CHRONICLES OF THE NECROMANCER BOOKS SOLD “ Attractive characters and an imaginative setting combine in an excel
Black Magnet Heat Book 1 by David Neth Genre: Superhero Action Adventure The city is heating up... Ash doesn't know who he is or how he ended up in an old coal mine outside the city. Even more terrifying, he discovers that he can throw fire from the palms of his hands when he saves Rachel from being mugged. She's a researcher, who develops a curiosity for his powers. With the help of Rachel and her coworker, Perry, Ash tries to piece together what happened to him. They soon encounter another super they call the Gatekeeper, who knows Ash's history and holds a grudge against him for it that he expects Ash to pay for. But the Gatekeeper seems to be more powerful than Ash's own moniker: Heat. With the Gatekeeper's apprentice, Black Magnet, terrorizing the city, Heat will have to fight his way to uncover answers about his past. However, those answers won't set him free. Goodreads * Amazon Book Trailer https://
Typo Squad Typo Squad Book 1 by Stephen Lomer Genre: Action, Adventure Typos are lethal to 98% of the population. Be thankful Typo Squad is on patrol … Richard Shonnary was a Typo Squad legend. He had a gift for seeking out and destroying errorist cells, and was almost single handedly responsible for bringing about the end of errorism. But one night, a single errant bullet fired by his brother prematurely ended his career. Convinced to come out of self-imposed retirement after five years, Richard unknowingly gives rise to his greatest enemy — Anton Nym. Will he and his new partner be able to stop this latest threat before deadly typos are unleashed upon an unwitting world? Goodreads * Amazon Return of the Wordmonger Typo Squad Book 2 The quest to find Anton Nym and his errorist army are put on hold as Typo Squad is called away to London to help one of their own confront a villain from his past — a mysterious foe known only as