Please Explain Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy to Me by Laurie Zelinger and Perry Zelinger Book Tour!
Please Explain Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy to Me by Laurie Zelinger and Perry Zelinger
Will you be ready? The new 3rd Edition of this bestselling book helps parents understand and organize the necessary medical and emotional components that accompany their child’s surgery. In an easy to follow timeline for events prior to and following a tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy, the authors provide reassuring and accurate guidance that eases the process for the patient and family. As caregivers, you will:
- Get the facts about tonsils and adenoids in simple terms.
- Reduce your own anxiety about surgery and recovery.
- Learn how to best support your child through the medical and emotional events surrounding the procedure.
- Have scripts available to guide your conversations with all of your children.
- Discover the sequence of events leading up to surgery and how to prepare for them.
- Find out what you need to have at home while your child recuperates.
- Understand and respond to any unforeseen complications.
- Become confident that you have maximized your child’s comfort and adjustment during the weeks surrounding surgery
Fig. 2: Uvula as an acrobat – illustration for children Click on image for a larger view
About the Author